This publication provides a summary of the outcomes achieved by participants who completed a funded Skills Bootcamp in wave 1 of the programme (FY 2020-21)
Data was collected by the Department from Skills Bootcamps providers via their associated local areas. Providers were required to report on learner participation and outcomes after completing a Skills Bootcamp (this includes new employment, new responsibilities/opportunities at current employment).
Validation checks were carried out on data returns including:
- Local areas, as part of their governance role, carried out checks on at least 10% of reported data to guard against fraud – this involved contacting learners for verification of reported outcomes.
- The Department carried out checks of a random 10% sample of providers to reconcile participant and completion numbers with funded places.
Data was returned from each of the 48 Skills Bootcamp providers. The wide range of outcome measures reported were summarised into the following categories:
- Participant becoming or continuing in self-employment with new opportunities
- Participant continuing in current employment with new or increased responsibilities
- New employment (including full-time, part time, temporary or Apprenticeship)
- Participant gaining new role with current employer
- No change or no outcome information reported