- Overall, around 97% of all eligible schools and colleges are equipped to deliver testing.
- 99% of Primary and LA nursery schools have received test kit deliveries and are ready for staff to carry out home testing.
- More than 9 in 10 secondary schools and colleges have had their sites registered and have received deliveries to start rapid testing for staff and pupils on site.
- As of 10th February, 97% of Primary and LA nurseries and 87% of Secondary schools and colleges have started reporting tests.
Tests to date
- Around 4 million tests have been reported across all educational settings of which 3.4 million were from schools and colleges.
Further Information on Higher Education Testing
The figures reported here are for those HEI who are conducting testing within the government-funded asymptomatic testing. The figures do not account for a further 23 institutions who are conducting testing, but not as part of the government-funded asymptomatic testing. These 23 institutions are either partnering with their local PHE asymptomatic test site or utilising their own testing programme and different testing technologies.
The figures also do not include 19 institutions that are exclusively online so do not have a need for testing.
Some institutions have also moved to an exclusively online offer since the introduction of further restrictions at the beginning of January, which is why there is a drop off in the number of settings that have delivered testing, compared to the number that are ‘ready to deliver’ testing.