- Geographic levels
- Time period
- 2017/18 to 2019/20
Variable names and descriptions
Variable names and descriptions for this file are provided below:
|Variable name||Variable description|
|sector_subject_area||Sector Subject Area|
- Volumes are rounded to the nearest 100. If shown, '~' indicates a base value of between 1 and 49, whilst 0 indicates a true zero
- Percentages are rounded to one decimal place and calculated on unrounded volumes. '~' indicates a percentage below 0.5%
- The data source for all tables is the education & training achievement rate dataset for 2019/20.
- Further guidance for the Education & Training National Achievement Rate Tables can be found on the gov.uk website:
- Achievement rates are calculated according to the Education & Training Qualification Achievement Rate business rules.
These documents are available on the gov.uk website:
- The overall achievement rate is based on the Hybrid End Year. The Hybrid End Year is the later of the Expected End Year, Actual End Year or Reporting Year of a qualification
- Achievement rates are based on the individual qualification aims that were completed in the relevant year (Hybrid End Year). They are calculated as the number of aims achieved divided by the number started, excluding the aims of any learners that transferred onto another qualification within the same institution.
- Retention rates are based on the individual aims that were successfully completed in the relevant year (the Hybrid End Year). They are calculated as the number of learning aims completed divided by the number of leavers.
- Pass rates are based on the individual aims that were successfully completed in the relevant year (the Hybrid End Year). They are calculated as the number of learning aims achieved divided by the number successfully completed.
- Figures include all funded and unfunded aims reported on the ILR.
- Sector Subject Area (SSA) codes are available on the qualification description page:
- Level H includes qualifications at Level 4, Level 5 , Level 6 or Level 7.